Here are a few questions we frequently get asked:
- What are your rules regarding the pandemic?
- Car capacity will be reduced to 2/3 for the Main Field and 1/2 for Screens Two and Three.
- The concession stand will be closed to through traffic. All orders will be taken and fulfilled outside of the stand on the southwest side of the building (entrance side of the Main Field.)
- Because the concession building is closed, the inside restrooms will be closed. The ADA compliant/Unisex restroom attached to the concession building will be open. Additional restrooms on Screens 2 & 3 will be open.
- Please be considerate of others and wear masks in line at restrooms and concessions. Also, maintain a 6-foot social distance while standing in line.
- Drive-in employees will be masked or fully vaccinated.
- We will follow all CDC and SCDHEC recommendations.
- These rules will remain in effect and be updated based on the progress of vaccinations and infections in the region.
- Can we turn our vehicle around and watch the movie from the bed of our truck or inside our van?
Yes, but remember that nothing can be higher than the roofline of your vehicle: this includes your hatch, your head, your radio, etc. You must be able to extinguish all interior and exterior lighting.
- Can I watch the first movie on one field and the second on the other field?
No. Your ticket is for one double feature on one field only. You can buy another ticket for another field at intermission. It is still a bargain at only $9.00 per adult & $5 per child aged 4 to 11.
- Can you bring food in from the outside?
You are not prohibited from bringing in food. No grilling is allowed and alcohol is prohibited in our theater. However, we do have a concession stand with very tasty hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, chicken sandwiches, fries, nachos, drinks, etc. The film companies take a sizeable percentage of the ticket price and we pay our bills with money made in the concession stand. Please keep that in mind.
- Do you close the gates if it gets full, and what time do you recommend we arrive?
We have sold out and have had to turn people away. It is recommended that you arrive at least one and a half hours before showtime on Fridays and Saturdays during the summer (even earlier for blockbuster summer movies).
- Can we sit outside of our vehicle?
Sure, it’s fun to sit outside on chairs near your vehicle. Just don’t forget the bug repellent and a portable radio. Also, you are not allowed to sit on top of your vehicle.
- Does the show go on even with bad weather?
Yes. We’ve even been open during hurricanes! Rain does not affect the picture. We do not give refunds for rain. We may delay or pause the movie during severe electrical storms to protect our equipment.
- Do we get to watch both movies for one price? How do you decide which two movies go together?
You get two movies on one field for the price of one. It is important to us that we offer affordable family entertainment. We carefully choose our movies and negotiate with the movie studios to offer the best double features possible. Movie studios offer special double feature prices to drive-ins but they often dictate which two movies can be combined for a double feature.
- Can you tell me what will be playing one/two/three weeks from now?
Unfortunately, no. We might know what we would like to show in the future. However, we are unable to confirm the booking until the Monday before the movie starts. If we do know in advance, it will be posted on the “Coming Soon” page of the website.
- How long does the season run?
The drive-in season typically begins at the beginning of March and lasts until the end of November.
- Can I bring my dog?
Yes. Pets are allowed as long as they are well behaved, don’t disturb others and are kept on a leash. Please be sure to clean up after your pet.
- Do you accept credit, debit cards or checks?
We can only take cash at the ticket booth. There is an ATM at a gas station less than a mile away. Visa, MasterCard, Discover & ATM cards are accepted in the concession stand. No checks are accepted.
- If I leave, can I get back in with my ticket stub?
There is no readmission to the theater. If you leave, for any reason, you must pay to re-enter. If the movie hasn’t started, and you need to leave, stop by the ticket booth and we can help you.
- Do you offer a discount for groups, students, military, first-responders, teachers, etc.?
No. We offer to everyone the lowest price possible while being mindful of studio demands and the operational costs of running the drive-in. We believe that $9 for adults aged 12 & over, $5 for kids 4 to 11, and no charge for kids 3 & under is a bargain.
- Can you donate passes to my school, group, etc.?
We are a true Mom & Pop business. We get a large number of requests for donations. We can not respond to them all. We do a few charity events throughout the year so that we can give back to the community in a way that works best for us.
- How do I apply for employment?
We are always accepting applications. Please pick one up in person at the ticket booth any Friday or Saturday that we are open. We will have a hiring day before the start of our season and will post it on our Facebook page.
How do I turn off my automatic lights?
All interior and exterior lights should be off during the movies.
For 98% of the vehicles manufactured, there are a couple of easy ways to disable the lights:
Power off everything (remove the key if equipped)
Engage parking (emergency) brake
Power on (insert the key and turn to ACC position -or- push Start button once without foot on brake)
On most vehicles, this will keep headlights off
On some newer vehicles equipped with touchscreens, you must go through the settings options on-screen to
disable the headlights from coming on. These will vary according to the make of the vehicle. Be sure to familiarize yourself with your vehicle before attending.
Turn off your vehicle and use a portable radio. We have a limited number for rent in the concession stand. $5 rental fee plus leave your license and a $5 deposit.